Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Personalized Wine Glasses


I got the idea for these wine glasses on Pinterest and it looked easy enough... NOT SO MUCH!
A friend gave some to me as a gift and she said she used the chalkboard spray paint and taped the stem... they work but I thought it would be better to have a thick coat of paint so I tried dipping it in paint.

If you dip it in paint and turn it upside down the paint just drips down the stem... FAIL
Then, I tried using a paint brush but there were brush strokes... FAIL
SO then, I tried dipping and using a brush to smooth out the drips.  I brushed out the first drips but chalkboard paint is thinner than I thought and it dripped when I walked away... FAIL
Then I finally did some research and discovered that if you lean the glass over the container so the paint drips back into the container! SUCCESS

Oh, you can find cheap wine glasses anywhere.  My friend got them from the dollar store but I am a big fan of Marshalls and TJ Maxx :)

No comments:

Post a Comment